So I know this has been going around for a while now and it is nothing new BUT I have just started doing it after heading to IKEA recently to pick up some jars and have become completely and utterly obsessed with infused water!
I have given up my vices such as Coca-Cola with in order to meet my health and wellness goals however like we all are faced with I was getting bored of plain water and especially living in the tropics we have to consume a lot of hydrating liquids.
So what do I love about infused water:-
- The taste you can mix lots of yummy flavors together the only limit is your imagination (or fridge and pantry)
- It is festive and makes you feel like you are having a fun drink. If you are trying to avoid alcohol or are pregnant you can pour it into a cocktail glass with a little straw and BOOM you are having the drink minus the alcohol 🙂
- You get additional nutrients form the fruits and herbs leeching into the water with very few categories.
- You save unwanted preservatives, additives and calories from mass produced drinks and juices.
So what tips can we share about making infused water of you want to try and have not yet…
- Let the water infuse for at least 2 hours.
- It can lasts up to 3 days in the jar and I keep topping up the infusion with new water.
- If you don’t like the bits in the water (I don’t) use a strainer over your glass to capture the particles.
If you want to be inspired ‘Prevention Magazine has 25 Sassy Flat Belly Water Recipes’ to get you started, this article was my impetus to get trying!
For a great tutorial on making infused water visit ‘The Yummy Life’
So we ask do you make infused water? What are your favorite flavor combinations?
Categories: Nutrition Tips